DEPARTMENT: Research and Development Unit
OFFICE EXTENSION NUMBER: 2125
PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE: Conducting training on Research Methodology; research
interests focuses on early grade education, primary education (both formal and non-formal),
secondary education in the areas of policy, assessment of student-learning, access, equity,
inclusiveness, efficiency & effectiveness, curriculum and evaluation.
1. Master of Education (Education and Literacy
School of Education,
University of Manchester, UK
2. Master of Social Sciences (Sociology) University of Dhaka
1. ‘Urban Adolescents Needs Assessment Survey in Bangladesh’ edited by
Sajeda Amin, BIED, BRAC U and Population Council, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
2015 (in press) (co-author).www.popcouncil.org
2. ‘Skills Development in Bangladesh: Enhancing Youth Skills Profiles’,
Education Watch 2011/12, Campaign for Popular Education Bangladesh,
Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2013 (co-author).
3. ‘Education in Bangladesh: Overcoming Hurdles to Equity with Quality’ edited
by Dr Manzoor Ahmed, IED-BRACU, BRAC university Press, Dhaka,
Bangladesh, 2011 (book chapter contributor).
‘Access to Education in Bangladesh: Country Analytic Review of Primary and
Secondary Education’ CREATE publication, IED-BRACU, Dhaka, Bangladesh,
5. Kalam et al (2006) ‘The State of Secondary Education: Progress and
Challenges’, Education Watch 2005, Campaign for Popular Education
Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2006 (co-author).
6. ‘Quality with Equity: The Primary Education Agenda’, Education Watch 2003/4,
Campaign for Popular Education Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2005, (co-
7. ‘Competencies and their reflection in source materials’ in Chowdhury et al
(Edited) ‘A question of quality: State of primary education in Bangladesh’ Vol-
2, Education Watch 2000, The University Press Limited & Campaign for
Popular Education, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2001, (co-author).
PERSONAL INTERESTS: Enjoys reading books and listening to songs.
MANTRA IN LIFE: “Enjoy your work, whatever it is.”